Well to be honest my gundam is already finished but I took as many pics as I could between the steps before going onto the next but due to my sister messing with the camera, some of the unarmored shots I took are missing so what you see here is the end result of the parts such as arms, legs and such.
Yet again today was a rather dark and cold day so all in all it was a rather subpar gundam building day but I care not for cold weather so construction went ahead.
1 thing I love about PG kits is how they are built. Most kits you buy start on the chest, move over to the arms, up to the head, down to the waist, further down to the legs and finaly the feet. However these kits start from the feet and work their way up logicaly so the last thing to be build is the head itself. Ah great stuff. As some photos are gone so you’ll have to make do with a combined leg/foot pic.
As you can see they are rather spiffy looking and even without panel lining (the black lines you see on nearly every finished gundam picture) however i’m still debating wether or not I should add it. However there is 1 rather annoying problem I have with these legs. See these parts here?
These limit the movement allowed by the foot quite a lot. Impressions so far while very physicaly appealing (I mean just LOOK at it, its bloody cool) may reduce the pose limit to only a few. Tomorrow will tell however when I construct the waist, chest and weapons (I wanna see the katanas already haha) and put it all together. Hopefully the movement range isn’t limited all too much.
Nothing special in this picture, just a small clothes line I had stuffed away in the garage so I pulled it out for the sake of drying stuff quickly in what little sun there was on the day.
Logical progression says that next up for building would be the waist. This went pretty well and after a major hicup which caused me to pull apart the entire thing to fix my error. 15 minutes later I was back to where I was and had corrected my error of not including the rubber connector that links the waist to the chest. Not much else to say here except those pods on the sides are quite akward as they don’t fit perfectly and limit leg movement even further. A few things turning out pretty wrong with this guy. Buu.
Then came the chest. Due to me getting an eairly production model of this kit, I was given an addition box that provided me with clear armor parts and an extra katana as you will see in the finished pics. Rather than go with the standard grey look of the chest armor I decided that going with the semi-clear black parts would look better and boy was I right. In the right light you can see through to his red chasis and other times it looks solid black. Good stuff.
Also here in the 2nd pic you can see the backpack that comes with the kit which is a pretty cool improvement over Strike’s non existant backpack.
Here I skipped some steps and went right to the weapons, mainly the katanas. At first I only build one just to see what it was like and I must say this is so far my favorite model weapon i’ve come across. The sheath, the blade, the handle, the gold and even the look of it is just pure win. All up the weapon measures around 7 – 9 inches which is pretty awesome. Even better is that there are 2 of these with my kit so having a dual wielding gundam looks awesome. I decided to spray the “wrap” that goes around the handle different colours. 1 is using the semi clear black version that came with the extras, and the other I sprayed red to match with the rest of the kit.
So far this is what the guy looks like put together. Arms and head are coming. Also yay at my ps3 on my desk behind the kitty kat mug! Valkryia Chronicals ftw but thats another story for another time.
More to come tomorrow with more pics.